July 26, 2011

Day One of Clean Eating

Yesterday was day one of clean eating!

Workout: Ran 3 miles- I haven't run since before the wedding, this was going on 3 weeks! So needless to say this was a hard 3 miles.ugh. I can't wait for some cooler weather! 

Breakfast: 
Pre-run: 
1/2 Banana (not doing this again...made me feel sick)
Post-run: 
1/2 Banana, 7 Strawberries blended with water 
4 Avocado slices 

yummy. 

Lunch: 
Spinach salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms with vinegar and lemon juice! 


Snacks: 
Morning:
3 Cantaloupe slices...so juicy and delicious!

Afternoon snack: 
Crisp Fiji Apple 

Red/Green Bell Peppers with some grilled chicken and 1/2 of a banana (no pictures of this one!) 

Dinner: 
Grilled Chicken with cabbage, green/red bell peppers, mustard sauce...maybe looks a little weird in the picture, but trust me it was delish! 



Interestingly enough mustard has nothing not "clean" in it. I was so surprised...no sugar, no calories, nothing, nada! woohoo! 

Overall today went a LOT better than I expected! I think I need more protein though to keep me fuller longer. I have also been doing a lot of reading and it looks like oatmeal (a small portion made with water) and quinoa are good carbohydrate choices, but only in the morning and afternoon, no carbs at dinner. I am thinking about adding these two things into the mix to give me some grains (I need something to give me energy on my runs!) 

Do you have a favorite healthy recipe! If so please share.... :) 

1 comment:

  1. I admire your healthy eating! I have a hard time sticking with something, so it looks like Day 1 went fabulously! YAY!

    ReplyDelete