July 26, 2011

The Exchanging of Gifts

Wedding weekend all started out with our families meeting in the Lakeway Bar so that Stuart and I could exchange wedding gifts. I was very excited to give Stuart his gift and really wanted to see his face when he opened his present, so instead of having his Best Man come on Saturday and give gifts, we did gifts Friday night, and exchanged letters on Saturday.

Stuart did such a good job (always does, it is SO wonderful to have a hubby that has great taste in jewelry!)...he got me diamond hoop earrings and a topaz and diamond charm that goes on the earrings. They were my something new and something blue! I seriously have not taken them off since I got them! I mean would you!??

beautiful. 

after I had opened my earrings! 


very excited to watch him open his present! 

 I got Stuart a watch. I knew, right when we got engaged that I wanted to buy him the watch that he has always wanted. Yes, it was extravagant, but I saved from the time I started working for this watch, and it was so worth it to see his face when he opened it and saw the box!

it looks ah-mazing on his wrist!

putting the watch on his wrist!

Cute story: 

He unwrapped the paper, and the box with the watch was in a box. So he took off the top of the box and peeled back the tissue paper. He saw the Rolex sign on the box and immediately freaked out! He had the biggest smile on his face and kept say NO, NO I can't believe it... After that last picture he gave me the longest hug and buried his head in my neck and I seriously thought he was about to cry (he is so not a crier) I had to ask him if he was OK and he said "ya, just give me a minute" It was so cute and I am so happy that he loves his present! 

I am going to do a wedding post every couple of day... next up Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner! 

What is your favorite piece of jewelry!? Does your man have good taste in jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment