July 27, 2011

Day Three Clean Eating...

Today was day 3 of clean eating....

Workout: Walk/Run 3.76 miles

I talked to my old trainer at the gym that I used to go to about the clean diet, since she is doing it too...
She told me that because I am running/exercising I definitely need some good carbs. No processed carbs. I know not to eat carbs at dinner and so I figured that I would add them into my breakfast meal and she said to have some at lunch too, but not after 4:00 pm!

So I went and bought ...

so yummy. 
The only ingredient listed on the package is 100% Steel Cut Oats. How awesome is that! 

1/4 of a cup (which is plenty by the way!) packs in 150 calories, 2.5 g fat, 27 g carbos, 3 grams of fiber, <1 g sugar, and 4 g protein! 

I mix mine with 1/2 banana, 10 blueberries, and some cinnamon and it is so good and so filling! 

I also had 2 egg whites with red/green bell peppers and some spinach! 

Snacks: 
Morning: 
10 Red Grapes and 1/2 an Orange
Afternoon: 
1/2 Banana and some cucumber with apple cider vinegar 

Lunch: 
Grilled chicken breast 
Steamed spinach 
Grilled vegetables 

Dinner: Oh it was super delish tonight! 
4 oz. turkey breast 
Roasted Squash, red/green bell peppers, onions, and portobello mushrooms (so, so good!) 
Salad with tomato, onion, r/g bell peppers, avocado, and a mustard vinaigrette 

I am drinking wine tonight, I have decided that wine is too good to pass up, and I don't want to give up something I enjoy so much :) 

I was definitely slacking in the picture department today! 

Any good suggestions on healthy eating blogs that I need to be reading!? 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you didn't give up wine :) Mine would've been ice cream/popsicles HAHA at least wine can be good for you!

    ReplyDelete