July 27, 2011

Day Two of Clean Eating

Well, today was day two of my "clean" eating lifestyle change!

Workout: Ran 3 miles...it was so hot.

Breakfast:
Pre-Run:
a couple of pieces of shredded grilled chicken
Post-Run:
Shredded grilled chicken
1/2 banana, 5 strawberries, a couple of blueberries, and water (smoothie)
homegrown tomato from my garden with pepper! (It was delish)


Lunch: 
Lunch today was harrrdd.... It is my Dads birthday and so we went out for Mexican food, everyone had a margarita and chips, but I held strong and didn't have either! 
I split portobello and grilled chicken fajitas with my mom 
Guacamole, about 2 tbsp 
Pico de gallo and Salsa 

Snacks: 
Morning: 
1/2 Apple 
Afternoon: 
Other 1/2 of the Apple 
Cucumber 

Dinner: Cheat meal #1 (only because it was my Dads b-day!) 
...although this was one of my "cheat" meals, it really wasn't that bad.... 
Salad: Romaine lettuce, tomato, avocado with a mustard, sugar free raspberry preserves, and vinegar dressing
Beef Tenderloin stuffed with spinach 
Roasted Squash 
1 glass of Prosecco 
2 glasses of red wine 

Stuart and I shared a piece of homemade carrot cake, which by the way was the most delish dessert I have ever eaten! 

So all in all today was not too bad on the clean eating scale. I mean not including the cake, I think I did pretty well! 

I made a big turkey breast in the crockpot while Stu and I were at my parents tonight so I can eat off of that for the rest of the week! It basically has no fat (I trimmed the fat off before cooking, and then all the fat pretty much melted off in the crock pot!) and it is such a good source of protein!

So tell me...what is your favorite dessert!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment