August 4, 2011

25 things before 25.

It is my birthday! I can't believe this year has gone by so fast! I wanted to recap my 23rd year on this amazing earth!


I...
got a real big girl job, got engaged, started working, planned a wedding, went to New Orleans, ate oysters for the first time, faced fears, loved a lot, went to Vegas, watched my brother win $26,000, found a perfect wedding dress, got professional engagement pictures done, had a bachelorette party, made new friends, prayed, smiled, laughed a lot, cried, gave long hugs, learned to semi-use a DSLR, bought an antique, completely re-did the antique, rented a townhouse, bridal portraits, fought, got annoyed, felt completely loved, went to San Francisco and Napa Valley, celebrated 3 years of being with my best friend, gained a sister, and the best of all was got married to my very best friend in the world.. my sweet, sweet hubby, who I love more than anything! There is so much more I wanted to put on this list, but I would have just been rambling! 


So I wanted to do something before the big 2-5.  I made a list. I have 25 things on my list. Some are silly, some I am nervous I won't be able to do, and some are just purely for me, for my soul. My plan is to document myself accomplishing each to do that I have made for myself. I plan to post pictures to my Pinterest account, update my blog, and keep a list hung up somewhere in my house to remind me that I only have 365 days to reach my goal. So here it is. My list.


25 Things before 25

  1. Have a dinner party at my house (Home cook the meal!)
  2. Go to an NFL game
  3. Run 13.1 miles. (sign up for a half or just on a random Sunday)
  4. Get involved in Victory, or some volunteer organization
  5. Finish getting my hunter safety license
  6. Learn to play the guitar and harmonica 
  7. Make a piece of art to hang somewhere in my house (painting, photography series…)
  8. Go on a trip with just my mom
  9. Go surf with dad
  10. Take a cooking class
  11. Sew something
  12. Take my brothers out to dinner (somewhere that we have never been!)
  13. Drive to Austin with no music on!
  14. Play 18 holes of golf
  15. Do a photo shoot of somebody
  16. Make a book (recipe book, photo book… a 25 things book!!)
  17. Go to an SMU football game
  18. Take a pottery class
  19. Go to Vegas with Stuart!
  20. Go on a picnic
  21. Find a house to live in!
  22. Read 1 book a month
  23. Visit somewhere in Texas that I have never been
  24. Go camping
  25. Cook something extravagant 

Well there it is! I am so excited to see what 24 brings to me! Tonight is all about being unhealthy, birthday dinner at my parents with red velvet cake and you know lots and lots of prosecco!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment