August 2, 2011

It's All About The Wine

I love wine. I mean obviously, since we went to Napa for our honeymoon....
hubby and I at Cakebread Cellars (one of my most favorite wines/vineyards that we went to!)


So since I am sad that my honeymoon is over and I want to hop on a plane right now and go back to Napa to sip wine with my hubby I thought I would give a list of my favorite wines (that are a reasonable price of course!)

Sparkling Wine:
Can't really call this a category because I only really drink one type...

Zardetto Prosecco: $12.99

This is my favorite sparkling wine. It is not too sweet, not too dry, and best of all it doesn't give me a headache in the morning! (champagne always makes my head hurt!)

White Wine:
I never really drink white wine unless its a Pinot Grigio 


Kris: $12.99 



It is kind of fruity tasting, but in a good way, for the price I think it is a really good choice if you are into Pinot Grigios! 

Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio: I can find it anywhere from $18.99-$21.99 

By far my most favorite white wine. It is so good, very light and refreshing on a hot Houston summer night. yum, yum, yum! Although this is pricey for me... I would rather have a red wine that cost the same! I always drink this with my Dad! 

Red Wines:
These are my weakness, I look forward to a quiet dinner with Stuart and a nice, cool glass of red wine, or a fun night out with friends having wine over a margherita pizza . When we were in Napa we really learned how to actually "drink" the wine, swirling it in our glasses, smelling for flavors. Drinking wine is so much more enjoyable when you know the flavors that you are actually tasting. If you are pairing wine with food, the food can bring out so many flavors in the wine, just as the wine can bring out the flavors of food. I know that I am not sommelier (although I do wish that I knew as much as they did!) these are my recommendations! 

Top 3 reasonably priced wines: 


Peter Lehman Clancy: $13.99... This is our go to wine when we don't know what we feel like drinking, reasonably priced and it is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot (my 2 favorite types of wine) 


Tait Ball Buster (gotta love that name!): $18.99 I know this might be a little pricey, but it is really good wine if you are looking to splurge a teeny bit! I actually haven't been able to find it recently, I need to become Detective Madi and go search for this! 


Masi Campofiorin: $17.99 this is a blend, really good, I only usually buy it when I find it on sale at the HEB! It was on sale for like a month for $13.99 and we drank it all.the.time. Pairs well with all types of foods! 


Top 3 Splurge Wines 
... This should be noted that we only drink these wines if we are 1. At my parents house, 2. It is a special occasion, 3. Stuart/I got a bonus at work and want to do a little fancy celebration! 


Jordan, Cabernet Sauvignon: $40.00, definitely one of our favorites, it's smooth and pairs very well with red meats! 


Provenance, Cabernet Sauvignon: $40.00 again another very smooth, earthy wine, we have this at Thanksgiving at my parents house every.single.year, it is actually what I most look forward too! 


Frogs Leap, Cabernet Sauvignon: $31.99 ..This one is so good, like so good I am going to say it is one of my most favorite wines ever, and the vineyard was ah-mazing, they let you walk around the whole property by yourselves (which was nice to explore the vineyard with the hubs and not have someone explain every little detail about the barrel...) they also have  incredibly beautiful views and they had cornhole (if you don't know what that is...please look it up now, such a fun game) The price actually isn't that bad compared to other wines that I could have listed :)  So since I have been tooting (ha. ok stop being 12) Frogs Leap horn I thought I needed to share Honeymoon/Winery pictures from FL 

the "house" on the vineyard where you do all the tastings... gorgeous 

all of the wines, so pretty! 

beautiful view 

ching-ching

cornhole!!! 

they had amazing gardens everywhere 

the big red barn where the barrels of wine were! 

Frogs Leaps symbol! 

barrels inside the red barn 

view from the top of the barn, so gorgeous. 

"perhaps the surest sign of a wine of character is that it has the ability to transport you, captivate you and ultimately draw you back to the source of its distinctiveness" so, so true. 

Are you a wine girl? beer girl? vodka tonic kind of girl!? Let me know if you have any good vino recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment