August 1, 2011

First weekend of clean eating..

Well the weekend is officially over and I am very pleased with how my eating went! Friday night we baked cod and had guacamole, pico de gallo, and everyone else had them on tortillas with chips/queso, but I held out and just had the fish and sides :)

hubby! 

cute in-laws! 

sibling love :) 

Although I did drink... I didn't drink any beer! We had so much fun playing cards, being goofy, and doing a lot of laughing!

Saturday was such a fun day! Stuart and I were so bored and so of course that led us our favorite, Wal-Mart grocery store, and bought stuff to make homemade salsa, even moreee guacamole, beer butt chicken, and lots of fresh vegetables to grill! We had fun cooking, and experimenting with our first salsa, playing cards, drinking screwdrivers (at least the OJ was simply orange so no added sugar!), and then ending the night with some nice wine :) ... I really wish I would have been on my game and taken some pictures, but I am getting a new point and shoot camera tomorrow so hopefully I will have more photos soon!! 

Sunday we always have a Sunday Funday, usually filled with bad foods... and although I did use a "cheat meal" it only consisted of eating 1 hushpuppy, and a couple of grilled chicken wings! I had grilled chicken and fish, homemade salsa, pico de gallo, and 1 boiled shrimp! yum yum yum! Mimosa were also drunk... I mean duh, how can you have a Sunday Funday and not have a little OJ and Prosecco! 


How do you motivate yourself to eat healthy on the weekends!?

No comments:

Post a Comment