August 2, 2011

Day 9 Clean Eating

I am feeling so great now that I haven't eaten processed foods in a week and a half! I thought that it was going to be so much harder than it has turned out to be. I do have to plan meals ahead of time, and have been spending more time at the grocery store, but hey it will all be worth it in the end!

I have to tell y'all I had my one cheat meal today. I made Stuart this homemade cheddar jalapeno bread, and I had to have a slice and try it out. Man was it delicious, and so worth a "cheat"meal!

Workout: Ran 3 miles, it was incredibly hot today, but I am getting back into my running groove. I did this run in 27:43 minutes, averaging a 9:26 pace, pretty good for me, I was just happy to be doing a sub 10 minute mile :) 

What I ate: 

Breakfast: 
1 scoop Whey Protein ( I got the OK from the trainer who we do crossfit with that this is a good source of protein for me as long as the powder has <3g sugar and >15 g protein!) 
Frozen Bananas, Strawberries, and Blueberries 

Snack: 
Freshly cut Watermelon 
Some Grapes
a small Turkey burger (2.5 oz.) with mustard 

Lunch: 
Grilled Chicken breast 
1/2 Peach 
1/4 Avocado 
(some grapes and watermelon too! ..I can't resist them!)
1 Piece of Jalapeno Cheddar bread (at least it was homemade right!?) 

Dinner: 
Grilled Chicken
Homemade Salsa
Salad with homemade mustard vinaigrette
Wine

.. I aslo had a couple of bites of Stuarts meat dish that I made for him (that had butter in it. argh) and some sweet potato fries. I guess today was cheat day numero uno. I was doing great earlier in the day, I don't know what happened... I think after I had that one bite of bread I just kept eating and eating and since I stayed home all day I was bored and I usually just sit and snack when I'm bored... it was no good and now I feel super bloated. This is what carbs does to me, I immediately get bloated. Back on track tomorrow. No Excuses. I think that is going to be my new motto.

No Excuses.
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment