February 2, 2011

Wedding Wednesday..Part 1

Sine I am getting married, I find it fitting that I at least talk about one of the biggest things going on in my life right now! I am getting to plan my dream wedding to my stubabes, I can not wait for the next 164 to fly by! {actually I am so enjoying being engaged, and I am having a blast planning, so I think I am going to have planning withdrawals when it's over!}

So lets start from the beginning...

{The Trip}

We always go to the "lake". Never to Austin. So at the beginning of the summer we decided to plan an actual trip to Austin and stay at a hotel and do all the fun touristy things that we have always wanted to do. Well, the summer passes by pretty quickly and we have not been to Austin yet. So we finally plan to go 2 weeks before I have to start my real big girl job. Stuart took off a week, and we were going to spend some at the lake and some in Austin. {side note: I had a feeling we were going to get engaged on this trip..} We get to Austin and we do so many fun things with our friends Matt & Melody like... 

Kayaking on Towne Lake.. {the water is f-f-f-reezing!}

Hiking!

Went to a LOT of fun bars {and played Ring-on-a-String!, if you haven't played look it up!}


Went to Mandola Winery and had an awesome wine tasting and dinner afterwards 

It was a great, great trip... Except obviously, no ring on my finger. He kept inviting Matt and Melody every where we went! Which I love them to death, but I knew he wasn't going to propose while anyone was with us, and because before we went kayaking he stayed in the car while I went up to the room to get our bathing suits, I could have totally checked his bag for a ring {I didn't} but he would have never let me do that if he had a ring in there {which he didn't!}. So, I was sad, I gave myself the I'm not getting engaged pep talk {I had a few of those over the course of the last couple of months} and put a smile on my face and decided to have the fun the last couple of days of our break, we planned on going back to the lake, visiting Enchanted Rock, and finally going to Fredericksburg.

So we wake up early, early Monday morning to go back to the lake and...

Part Two will be next week... 

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh! i want to know what happens :) although i'm not engaged myself, i LOVE helping/looking at weddings. you may convinced me to follow now to figure out what happens next!

    ReplyDelete