February 9, 2011

Wedding Wednesday..Part 2!

{The Proposal}
[if you missed part one go here]

...I was starving, so I made Stubabes stop and get us some breakfast since we had planned to go hike Enchanted Rock and go to Fredericksburg that  day. {yes this should have been a clue that something was going to happen, but no. I had already convinced myself it wasn't.} So we get to the house and looking back on it Stuart was acting so weird. Running from his parents room {where the ring was hidden..in his dads printer.ha.} to his room downstairs. to the fridge where I went over and asked him if he needed help and he pretty much screamed at me to get out {he was putting a mini bottle of prosecco in his camelbak, also where the ring was hidden!} I was oblivious to everything. 


So we started our trek to Fredericksburg! We had a lot of fun in the car singing, and being dorky! I was so unaware the he was so nervous about what was about to happen. We start our hike up Enchanted Rock, and if you have never been, it is not that easy of a hike, not hard, but definitely not easy! Stuart was FLYING up the mountain. I was behind complaining. I really couldn't breathe, and he was basically running up the dang thing. I stopped many, many times and he basically dragged me to the top. We finally reach our destination and I immediately want to go back down to the AC. Stuart on the other hand wanted me to go down the other side and on top of some secluded rocks. After a lot of convincing, and helping me get up the scary rocks and what do I do? I sit. Not good for when someone wants to get on one knee. He starts saying sweet things to me, and I keep thinking aw Stu, you so sweet.

And then. he says "one day we will bring our kids here" {lightbulb goes off in my head} Ok Madi. he is proposing, you need to get up and give him a hug {side note: don't do this. it was awkward and he pushed me away so he could get on one knee. haha.} he gets on one knee, asks me, puts a ring on my finger, and I proceed to say OH.MY.GOD for the next minute. He had to re-ask so I could scream yes! 

{terrible picture, but this was right after!} 
We had an amazing rest of the day visiting Fredericksburg where we went to a local brewery where we ate and drank yummy beer {In Fredericksburg you get to walk around with your beer.. it was awesome!} and Luckenbach! It is going to be a day I will remember forever. I am so lucky I get to marry my best friend!

We came home to an amazing engagement party thrown by my parents...

Just a preview for what went down...
{more on this next week!} 
 our wonderful sign my MOH/Future SIL made us! 
 first time Mom saw the bling bling! 
 just some of the awesome people that came to celebrate! 
 shots, shots, shots!! 
 this is what tequila can do to you! {trying to throw each other in the pool!} 
 yep, thats my dad and my future FIL 
 lots of good dancing! 
and of course... more shots! 
come back next wednesday for the Engagement Party post!! 

have an amazing day! 

loves. 

1 comment:

  1. Stuie-baby! Well done, mister! Well done. CANNOT WAIT FOR THE WEDDING! It is going to be a freaking blast!

    ReplyDelete